I love my Apple computers, but sometimes you need to follow a different route than Windows users. When using Track Changes in Word 2016, you need to follow these steps to change the name of the author:
- Click Word and then Preferences (Top menu)
- Click User Information under Personal Settings
- Add name and initials
- Sometimes you need to review anonymously, therefore you need to change the author.
- I have replaced mine with “Reviewer”
- The new name will show in your track changes
Groups can be created for collaborative purposes. The following steps can be followed to create a group:
PDF’s can be added to Mendeley references, but it can also be annotated. Steps to annotate PDF’s are:
Mendeley offers a few tools that can improve the research experience.
The basic reason why I want to use this technology, is to cite references in text and to create bibliographies using the correct style. These steps can be followed for this purpose. Since the process differs in the case of MAc and Windows operated systems, I will provide steps for both these operating systems.
You have to check if your references were imported since it do happen sometimes that it was not imported. It is frustrating to discover it when you want to cite a reference, so please check always if it was imported indeed by following these steps:
You can add references manually as well. In order to do that, follow these steps.
References are sometimes incomplete, but Mendeley affords you to complete the missing fields manually. Follow these steps to check and complete references.
When you open a gmail email account, you get access to much more than a personal email address. You also get access to a range of products easily accessible when you click on the wafer after you have signed into your account (see next to sign in in the following image).
If you do not have a gmail account, create one by following these steps:
- Go to gmail.com and click on the blue link (create and account) to create an account.
- Complete the form
- Your email address was created
- To get access to this email address, go to gmail.com in your browser.
Why would you consider a personal gmail address?